Friday, January 09, 2004

Gaggles of Geeses

Here south of Leland, we've been treated to sight of geese migrating for the last several weeks. When I'm outside walking my dog, I often see at least several flocks flying overhead. However, most of the time, they aren't in neat picturesque vee formations, rather in patterns that vaguely can be called "vees." The geese constantly jockey for position and just can't seem to make up their minds which goose goes where. As a result, the formation looks like a "vee" drawn by a five-year-old with a shaky hand.

Also, a few days ago, I noticed literally hundreds of them resting and feeding in an empty cornfield across from my grandparents' house with hundreds more circling around like jetliners in a holding pattern above an airport.

There's no real point to this post, I just want to say that I've seen a lot of geese.

No comments: